Friday, September 18, 2009

love me some laguna

Yesterday was a great day. Woke up at nine, Haven made breakfast while I whirled through my room to get ready. Lilee got up and got changed (thanks to me) and we were out the door. Another Thursday morning spent at Stroller Strides. It wasn't as hot as it's been but the workout was insane. I was so nasty & sweaty. It was a really intense workout but so worth it...how do you think I can look this good after having my little moose baby?


So then there was Laguna. Faith Jason Zion Haven Lilee and I loaded up in the van for one of my favorite trips...

I love Laguna because they have a little restaurant called Pomedoro - the best thing ever. Thursday night is 1/2 off wine night - which makes the trip that much better. We drove and talked. Jason being the pilot and Haven the co-pilot. Children watching baby crack ( Tiny Love DVD Maqiq - compliments of Jen!) And Faith and I in the back.  It was a nice drive and we mostly talked about baby grandma that was just born. I can't wait to meet her! We got to Laguna around 5 and walked around a bit. The men with babies in tow and Faith and I with envious eyes as we wandered around our favorite little baby shop that I can't remember the name of. All we know is that they carry the Bla Bla mermaids that we LOVE and they are like a million dollars and soft as a cloud cat velvet air thing. I want one to sleep with. So then the guys took the little ones to a bar for some Chimay on tap and Faith and I made our way to pomedoro in search of half off wine. We found it. And it was good. And I had the best dinner - Chicken, sausage and portabello pasta with a garlic cream sause. Amazing. The kids had organic fusilli with cream tomato sauce and chicken. Not to mention their house bread and green salsa - which is this killer pesto. yum yum yum I am hungry just writing this. So then we (Faith and I) took the babies back to the car....oh yeah but I almost forgot somehow Faith ended up with red wine being spilled all over her tan skirt. So we had to go into our fav little clothing shop and look for an outfit. We tried on some crazy stuff. There was this one shirt that say "summer never ends" - spoiler alert...yes it does. So shut up shirt I think you're stupid.

Anyways the night then consisted of the guys drinking like 2 3 4 5 6 Chimays and Faith and I went to 2030 for a martini. We ordered a dirty one - then saw the desert ones and said hello to a chocolate and an espresso martini. She had the chocolate because I couldn't handle it. The espresso one was de-lic-iois! Off to Gelato Paradiso...it is a must. Well it was 9:36 and the sign said they closed at 10. They were closed, the door was locked and the lights were off. But there were some high school girls in there being served....Bottom line Haven complained until they let us in.  I didn't mind seeming like an ass if I got what I wanted out of the deal. And I did. And it was good. Faith and I also have another ritual. We stop in this little dive bar and go dancing, for like 10 minutes, while the men are on baby patrol. Well tonight there was a band called Fire in Ciro and they were pretty good. We were (once again) the only people out on the dance floor. Looking ridiculous. We don't mind.
We ended up having a dance off with a friend of the bands that looked like Napoleon Dynamite. It was pretty classy.  We are pretty classy.

We then walked back to the van to go home. But wait! How can I forget? There are important details I left out.
-right after dinner I took Lille to walk outside and there was a man playing ta wooden tool drum from Africa. Lil couldn't stop dancing. The one time I don't have my camera with me. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I replay it in my head all the time. She was having sooo much fun, I loved it.
-When the guys were at the bar  Faith and I walked over there and outside in the patio area was a CRAZY guy. Seriously. Talking to himself...there might as well have been another person there. He was having a full on conversation with ____________. It was awesome / scary / he thought Zion and Lilee were twins.
-There was also some random guy walking around the street on stilts. For no reason. He even stopped and asked a valet guy if he could rest in his chair for a while. I wanted a picture with him. But he left before I could get one. ...just walked off somewhere, wearing stilts.
-Zion drives. He could drive the van if he wanted to. He washes the windows like a champ. And honks the horn to let us know to load up - or he will leave without us.
-if you are still reading this...you have a lot of time on your hand.
- i started writing this a week ago. all of this took place last Thursday
-i am going to bed. thanks for reading
-good night.
-i didn't proof read so some things might not make sense as i type fast and my mind wanders.
-good night for reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment